Minitractor Scout T-18. Overview, characteristics, operating features

Description

The Scout T-18 minitractor is a new product in the model range and was presented to the public in 2016.
This is a machine that brings together all the best, taking into account the company’s considerable experience and modern achievements. The model is equipped with an 18 horsepower ZS1115 engine, and also has a gearbox with 3 forward speeds and 2 reverse. The three-position hydraulic distributor allows you to smoothly raise, lower and lock the attachment in one position. By the way, it should be noted that a fairly large range of attachments can be successfully connected and operated to the tractor.

Minitractor Scout T-18

The external design of the unit has an attractive appearance, and the driver’s workplace is equipped with ergonomics in mind. As an advantage, we can highlight the large wheels with a textured tread. There are 12-inch wheels installed at the front and 16-inch wheels at the rear, allowing the driver to feel confident on the ground.

An innovative solution is to install an expansion tank for coolant on a minitractor. The device is relatively new and is not yet widely used in this type of technology. Thanks to it, you can use not only water, but also various special liquids, such as antifreeze, for cooling.

The presented model can be easily used not only for cultivating land, but also for performing other functions. When using special additional equipment, you can water the garden, plant and process seedlings, weed weeds, clean the area and perform other work.

Modifications and features

Scout T 18 is offered in a single modification with many types of additional equipment and options.

Advantages of a mini tractor:

• reliable and simple design. The operating life of the equipment is 4000 hours.
  • multifunctionality. The multifunctional linkage mechanism allows the use of over 50 different devices. The Scout T 18 model is suitable for attachments from other brands, including units whose production has ended;
  • optimal combination of characteristics and cost. In terms of return on investment, this model is among the leaders in its segment;
  • maintainability and ease of inspection. Access to the main components and systems is facilitated, which allows maintenance and repair work to be carried out at minimal cost.

Scout T 18 is one of the most successful models of the brand, however, it also has certain disadvantages. Consumers make their main complaints about the build quality (especially models from the first years of production). Again, the mini tractor is characterized by shortcomings in the gear shift system and low generator power. The strength of welds and joints leaves much to be desired. The build quality of the machine is not a strong point either.

Specifications

Engine
Type:Horizontal four-stroke diesel engine Garden Scout ZS1115 with water cooling and electric start system
Cylinder diameter:115 mm
Piston stroke:120 mm
Engine capacity:1,115 cu.m. cm
Maximum power:18 hp / 13.24 kW
Cooling system:Capacitor
Flywheel rotation direction:Counterclock-wise
Lubrication:Gear pump with splash lubrication system
Engine starting:Recoil starter (Z-handle) + electric starter
Injection pressure:12753 kPa (130 kgf/cm2)
Fuel injection advance angle:16 ± 2 to top dead center
Main characteristics of the Scout T-18 mini-tractor
Overall dimensions, mm (without attachments):2500 (length) x (1250 - 1510) (width) x 1400 (height, max.)
Tractor structural weight (without attachments):690 kg
Wheels:16.00''/9.50'' rear, chevron tread pattern / 12.00''/5.00'' front
PTO rotation speed:1176 rev. / min.
Motor drive:Two V-belts B 3300 in constant tension.
Drive to:Rear wheels, 4×2
Clutch:Double disc, dry type, constant clutch, friction type
Transmission:Combined type (3 + 1) × 2
PTO for driving the tiller:Gear
Attachment lifting time:2 seconds
Lubricating oil volume in gearbox:4 l
Rear Lift System:Hydraulic, double-sided
Oil volume in the hydraulic system:2.5 - 6 l
Light system:Two headlights, high/low beam, signals - turn signals, dimensions, stops.
Klaxon:Eat

mini tractor SCOUT T-18 weights as a gift

-New wings with combined LED optics

-Compact hydraulic unit - tank + pump + distributor

-The size of the front wheel has been corrected so that the tractor does not rise on its hind legs. -Magnets for collecting chips in the engine sump, in the gearbox and in the hydraulic oil tank increase the service life of each part. -Increased space for the driver. -The reinforced chassis, which is produced in St. Petersburg, eliminates the problem of frame distortion, the quality of welding is improved, cross links are added, and the weight is increased. -Powder painting

-Hydraulic pump with a capacity of 20 liters for the operation of a front loader and snow blower with a wire from the hydraulic motor. -Tail light for mounted, Fuses in the electrical system, Manual gas with lock -Optional: a set of quick-release weights weighing 80 (front) + 40 (rear) kg. The estimated weight was calculated in laboratory tests at the Agricultural University. Front ballasts increase tractor efficiency by 25%, and rear ballasts by another 15%. After tests on agricultural cross-country ability, the longitudinal tread increases the tractor efficiency by 7%.

Purpose and design of T-18

The inexpensive and productive mini tractor is equipped with an 18-horsepower power unit that operates stably in all weather conditions. With the help of a three-point hitch system and a power take-off shaft, the equipment can solve problems of any level of complexity. As a rule, the T-18 is used for the following purposes:

Work with soil up to three hectares. Installation of additional equipment makes plowing and cultivation of the site possible.

Planting and harvesting of agricultural crops.

Carrying out work on weeding, hilling, fertilizing and watering.

Transportation of oversized and heavy loads.

Preparing feed and mowing grass.

Clearing areas of debris and snow.

Carrying out construction work of varying complexity.

Purchasing attachments complete with a tractor significantly expands the capabilities of the equipment. The company's engineers took into account the wishes of customers and tried to develop a wide range of mounted units that make it easier to solve certain problems. Judging by the reviews of the owners, the large range of available equipment is a determining factor in the choice.

You can buy a T-18 mini tractor, both wholesale and retail, at a price affordable for any customer. At the same time, the technical characteristics exceed those of models from competing manufacturers. The presence of forced differential locking of the drive axle increases tractor controllability. To turn around, it requires a minimum of free space. The turning radius does not exceed two meters. Therefore, Scout can work in compact areas and areas with a large number of foreign objects. In addition, tread wear is significantly reduced when using interlocking.

The principle of operation of forced locking on the T-18 is quite simple and effective. When turning in one direction, one of the wheels rotates in the opposite direction. As a result, the tractor gains advantages in turning radius and operating efficiency.

Chinese Scout equipment is assembled at a Russian plant. Therefore, the availability of spare parts is not in doubt, as is their low cost. The reinforced frame allows the equipment to be used in difficult conditions and difficult terrain without loss of quality.

A distinctive feature of the T-18 model is the presence of an adjustable track of the front and rear axles. The distance limits between the wheels range from 1.05 to 1.4 meters. Farmers appreciated this technical feature. The processing of agricultural crops has become significantly simplified while the quality has simultaneously improved.

With a weight without attachments of 690 kilograms, the minitractor has fairly modest dimensions. The length of the model is 2.5 meters with a width and height of 1.3 and 2 meters, respectively. The high ground clearance of 0.28 meters allows you to carry out work without the risk of damaging structural elements.

The planetary gearbox has six forward and two reverse gears. Smooth shifting is ensured by a dry-type single-plate clutch. With a 4x2 wheel arrangement, the minitractor has excellent maneuverability. Proper distribution of mass along the axes minimizes the negative impact on the ground.

Scout equipment is designed taking into account the convenience of the driver. To achieve this, the minitractor is equipped with a powerful lighting system and has excellent visibility. Power steering is not provided in this model, but there is no need for it. The tractor handles perfectly, and all the necessary instruments are located on the front panel. The driver constantly monitors the condition of the engine oil, coolant temperature and charge level.

making the purchase of Scout equipment the optimal option.

What's included

Diesel mini tractor assembled. Set of wrenches Branded warranty card Mini tractor operating instructions Instructions for assembling the rototiller.

MAIN CHARACTERISTICS

• Country of origin China
  • Country of origin: Russia
  • Overall dimensions, mm 2500 / 1300 / 1300
  • Ground clearance, cm28
  • Structural weight, without attachments, kg 670
  • Rear wheel size 9.50″ - 16`
  • Front wheel size 5.00″ - 12`
  • Track, mm1050 - 1400
  • Type VOM Belt + gear
  • Engine driven Pair of V-belts B3150 (B3251 from 2017)
  • Wheel formula 4x2
  • Gearbox typePlanetary gearbox
  • Number of gears(3 forward + 1 reverse) x 2
  • Brake system typeDouble-sided dry type brake (mechanical drum)
  • Clutch typeSingle disc, dry type, constant clutch, friction type
  • Differential lockForced differential lock
  • Type of hydraulic valve: Double-vector valve with floating position
  • Light systemTwo headlights, high/low beam, signals - turn signals, dimensions
  • Horn horn
  • Dashboard gauges Voltmeter, coolant temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, hour meter
  • Number of hydraulic valve circuits 2
  • Power steering No
  • Minimum turning radius, cm 200

Attachments

The Scout T-18 minitractor is equipped with a rototiller, the width of which is 120 cm. However, the following attachments can be attached to the unit:

• Brush.
  • The blade is hydraulic.
  • Snow blower.
  • Plow, single-body and double-body.
  • Potato planter.
  • Triple hiller.
  • Potato digger.
  • Weeding and hilling kit.
  • Seeder.
  • Garlic planter.
  • Trailer.
  • Mower.
  • Rake.

Purpose

The functionality of Scout T 18 is increased due to a large line of additional devices. The mini tractor is suitable for the following operations:

• planting and harvesting crops;
  • working with soil on areas up to 3 hectares. Additional equipment allows you to use the model for cultivation and plowing;
  • weeding, fertilizing, hilling and watering;
  • grass cutting;
  • feed preparation;
  • transportation of heavy and bulky cargo;
  • cleaning roads, streets and territories from snow, sand and debris;
  • construction work of varied complexity.

Compact dimensions allow the Scout T 18 to be used in courtyards and street areas and in small areas, and the deep tire tread and center differential lock add cross-country ability. The mini tractor is suitable for regions with diverse climates and operates effectively at temperatures down to -25 degrees.

Main application features

According to the recommendations of the manufacturer, which positions the Scout T-18 minitractor as agricultural machinery, it cannot be used in commercial organizations, because the presented model is used on an area of ​​no more than 1 hectare.

• Before sending it to the dealer network, the tractor must be filled with engine oil. It is run-in, and after this procedure, the lubricating fluid is drained and replaced with semi-synthetic oil of type GL-4 or GL-5 (according to the domestic classification TM-4 or TM-5). It is advisable to use oil with a viscosity of SAE80W90.
  • The hydraulic system of the tractor uses oils of medium viscosity - MGE-4A or MGE-10A.
  • You can fill the cooling system with water, but it is also possible to add antifreeze or antifreeze.
  • The rollers that limit the drive belts are subject to the greatest degree of wear, therefore, they must be lubricated frequently, for example, by immersing them in melted “Solidol” for a short time.

After the first check, you need to start the engine. The first running-in of the tractor is carried out within 50 hours and at a load of up to 50%. Running in is carried out at idle speed and in each gear separately. After this you need to change the oil. Running in a mini tractor is mandatory to avoid rapid wear of the engine and gearbox.

If the tractor is not used in winter, the oil must be drained. The water from the tank is also drained. The battery should be fully charged, removed and placed in a room at room temperature. Clean the tractor, cover it and store it in a dry place.

Detailed instructions can be found at the link.

Minitractor SCOUT T-18 GENERATION II

I warn you that I am only a buyer and not at all affiliated. I’m already 65 years old, so only on the merits. I have a vegetable garden of 7 acres, a walk-behind tractor helps with the work, but during cultivation and hilling, it became a little difficult to manage. I made differential drives on the wheels, it helped, but not quite. I was in doubt for more than a year. I saw a lot of mini tractors on the Internet, but because of 7 acres, it doesn’t seem rational to buy a mini tractor. Then I decided, although the costs are not small. For a mini tractor, at a minimum, you need a potato digger, a hiller, a milling cutter, fortunately, I saw on the website the products of a certain craftsman from Poltava. I discussed with the manager what and how. We discussed the most necessary things and, instead of a fighter, ordered a Scout-18 along with a mounted one. Yesterday, March 5, I came to Labytnangi station to pick up my Scout-18 and attachment. Everything arrived in perfect condition. Traktorishko immediately took a look. It is clear that even though he is a baby, he will be a good helper. Handsome, new modification. They even installed a return spring on the locking lever. It’s a practical little thing. I hitched my tractor with a rigid hitch to the UAZ and off I went. I drove 90 miles in 4 hours and I pushed my new garden assistant into the garage. I like everything about this tractor, I’m delighted with it. I checked the fasteners. Everything is tightened to perfection. The bolts are all 88. I will only check the alignment of the belts and adjust the toe-in of the wheels after adjusting the track width. Yesterday I trampled around and under the tractor and realized that there were reserves for improving my requests. The point is that in the Arctic, summer is short and the days are long. Therefore, I have row spacing = 100 cm. Scout has a track width of 110 cm. But you can make a 100 cm track on it. But I will decide this. Row spacing of 110 cm is not critical for me. The potatoes will get some sun, and inter-row cultivation will only improve. In general, those who are still scratching their heads, like me, don’t hesitate to take Scout. You will not regret. If you work in your garden and don’t force yourself, then you’ll have enough for your whole life. My MB-1 walk-behind tractor still works, from 1991. Lifan installed the engine instead of the previous one. Now the walk-behind tractor will work on little things, and Scout will work between the rows, and for harvesting and cultivating the soil.. I took out a loan, but I don’t regret it. Scout is worth it. Not too expensive, but not shabby either. Check the belts with a laser level and stretch them, everything will be fine. By the way, the tractor handled the road well in tow. The attachment that I ordered arrived well packaged and intact. I received a bonus for diesel fuel, you can also take oil. Everything is fair, well done!

Design and operating features

Scout T 18 is assembled at a factory in Russia from high-quality Chinese components, so the model is both inexpensive and reliable. The mini tractor is based on a reinforced frame, which allows the use of complex equipment on varied terrain and in difficult conditions. The vehicle's chassis has a 4 x 2 wheel arrangement, with the rear wheels driving. The direction of movement is selected by turning the front wheels. A special feature of the model is the ability to adjust the track over a wide range.

The Scout T 18 transmission is represented by a 3-speed 2-range planetary gearbox. The operator can choose from 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds. The design of the gearbox uses cylindrical gears with straight teeth, which reduce costs and increase the reliability of the unit. Torque from the gearbox is supplied to the rear axle shafts. The main pair is equipped with bevel gears. The design of the gearbox assumes the presence of a differential with a forced manual locking function, used when moving on viscous and soft soil or field work. The gearbox does not have a reverse function; this disadvantage is partially compensated by the presence of 2 reverse speeds. The transmission again includes a friction disc clutch, used to change gears in any order, and a belt-gear power take-off device. The clutch has several discs that slip when the load is exceeded, protecting the engine from damage. The gearbox is controlled using a lever.

Braking is carried out using a double-sided drum brake.

The hydraulic system of the Scout T 18 has a large performance reserve. It includes a 2-vector hydraulic distributor with a floating mode function, which allows you to control 2 hydraulic attachments simultaneously. The distributor has 4 modes:

• rise up;
  • fixation;
  • forced lowering;
  • floating mode.

The 3-point linkage system is suitable for use with a wide range of equipment. The mini tractor can be combined with the following devices:

• basic rototiller;
  • mower;
  • hydraulic blade;
  • plow (single and double body);
  • harrow;
  • brush;
  • snow blower;
  • triple hiller;
  • potato digger;
  • potato planter;
  • rake;
  • seeder;
  • kit for hilling and weeding;
  • cart.

The Scout T 18 mini tractor is not equipped with a full operator’s cabin. The operator's work area is built around a comfortable chair. The machine is equipped with powerful headlights (low and high beam), allowing you to operate the equipment at night. The list of lighting devices again includes brake lights, side lights and turn signals. The adjustable seat has several settings to find the optimal position. The steering column is placed directly in front of the driver and does not require additional movements to control. Power steering is not provided, but it does not require much effort from the driver to turn. Next to the seat is again an instrument panel, which includes a wide range of indicators and sensors: hour meter, coolant temperature indicator, oil pressure gauge, digital voltmeter. Additionally, an engine temperature indicator, a battery charge sensor and an oil pressure gauge are installed. In the standard version, the pressure gauge is replaced by a movable engine breather (at normal pressure it extends, at low pressure it is located inside the housing).

Maintenance of the Scout T 18 model is simplified. The main inspection points are located in convenient areas. The owner usually does not have problems with consumables and spare parts, since their production is established in Russia.

Rating
( 2 ratings, average 4.5 out of 5 )
Did you like the article? Share with friends:
For any suggestions regarding the site: [email protected]
Для любых предложений по сайту: [email protected]